Jewelry, by its very nature, is delicate + should be handled as such. To ensure the longevity of your jewelry, here are a few basic tips to help keep you + your jewelry happy together.
- In general, jewelry does not really like to be wet. Some pieces depending on the metals, stones or other components are more sensitive to moisture than others. If it’s precious to you, make habit of removing your jewelry when swimming, showering or in the sauna. Consider removing when exercising as perspiration is slightly acidic + over time can build up on the surface of your jewelry.
- Always remember to remove your jewelry when you visit the hair dresser. Especially important if you color your hair, as those coloring agents are caustic to your jewelry.
- If it looks delicate. . . it is DELICATE. Please handle accordingly.
- Always remember to put your jewelry on last when getting dressed. AFTER cosmetics, perfume, hairspray, lotions or other chemical substances that could be corrosive to the metal or stones.
- Gently wipe your jewelry with a cotton cloth before storage. Store each piece separately in covered jewelry boxes or pouches to avoid tarnishing or scratching.
- Of course, jewelry is meant to be loved + worn, just handled with care. With proper love, your Brevard jewelry will last generations.